Business Development Associate – Protocol
Protocol is hiring a Business Development Associate who will identify and contact future clients for the Strategic Partnerships team.
Our Strategic Partnerships team works with clients to reach our audience of tech influencers via online advertising, brand storytelling, and live programming. Our team is composed of unique individuals from diverse backgrounds drawn to developing consultative and strategic partnerships.
The BDA will:
- Research potential clients and identify key information such as competitive intel, media mentions, and brand placements to prepare Partnerships Directors for sales appointments.
- Assist Strategic Partnerships Directors throughout the evaluation process to assure prospective clients receive the highest quality service and have an optimal experience
- Research and provide context of market landscape to understand where the Partnerships team can identify potential opportunities to drive revenue with existing and new clients.
- Keep Strategic Partnerships team up to date on important client initiatives, changing personnel, and other competitive market updates as needed
- Determine intel and contacts for Business Development Directors through media monitoring and brand and stakeholder awareness.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 1 year of professional experience
- Strong client service ethic
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. We value career experiences that include nontraditional pathways including education, breaks and transitions. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
We are a hybrid-remote company, with offices in San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. Right now, we’re eligible to hire in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey*, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington
$60,000-$65,000 base and $10,000 bonus commission (dependent on experience)
How to apply:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Business Development Associate in the subject line, to [email protected].
Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
Our values are fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, unlimited vacation time off with a minimum of ten days and 12 paid holidays, as well as flexible work schedules, hybrid work, and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.