Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a Business Development Executive specializing in content and media partnerships with Foundations and Non-Profits. This individual must establish and maintain senior-level relationships, develop, and pitch unique multi-platform programs, and negotiate long-term partnership agreements. The ideal candidate can leverage successful relationships with Executives and Board members at non-profits and foundations and has experience negotiating media and sponsorship contracts, as well as a passion for creating original, mission-driven programming across linear, streaming, and digital channels. The position includes a base salary and commission structure.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Sales.
A current Hearst Media Production Group location is preferred for this position. However, flexibility to discuss a remote-work arrangement is available.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively identify, research, and develop new opportunities for our family-friendly programming blocks on ABC, CBS, NBC, The CW, Telemundo, and other media and digital / social outlets
- Support creation and present strategic, cross-media concepts to multiple stakeholder groups that meet our client’s business objectives
- Navigate complex client organizational environments to close long term sponsorships and content production partnerships, including contract negotiation and renewal efforts
- Collaborate with the production team and key internal stakeholders to successfully transition closed deals to activation by working with the Client Partnerships team to prepare for both internal and external kick-off meetings
- 10 + years of relevant business development experience
- Media company, agency, or non-profit media group preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered