Business Development Manager (Damascus,Beirut) | ReliefWeb
General job description The Action Against Hunger Business Development Manager will lead: Proposal/Report Planning, Writing…
General job description
The Action Against Hunger Business Development Manager will lead:
- Proposal/Report Planning, Writing and Coordination
- Grant & Compliance Management
- Reporting & Coordination with HQ and Network
to learn more about the syrian Context and our interventions https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Objective 1: Actively support the Syria mission in identifying and responding to new funding opportunities:
- Support the Country Director and Deputy Country Director in terms of donor intelligence by gathering and maintaining up to date a donor mapping and search for background information on key donors. This will take the form of a donor data base, briefing notes and any other relevant document
- Monitor new call for proposals and thoroughly review the ones published, identifying risks and constraints for each one as well as AAH’s eligibility and brief DCD and other relevant staff accordingly.
- Support and/or lead proposal writing effort in coordination with DCD and technical teams in the field. This entails the preparation of internal work plan, proposal templates, review of donor guidelines, writing of sections of or full concept notes and proposal, quality and coherence check, language editing, financial vs. narrative coherence review etc.
- Ensure proposals/CN are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines, and language.
- Coordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and resubmission
- Lead on the launch of the kick-off meeting for each approved project and ensure PM has all the needed documents and information to manage the project and contractual requirements in collaboration with Program Managers
Objective 2: Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
- Maintain up to date reporting schedule and ensure information sharing to all relevant staff within the mission so reports are adequately anticipated
- Support AAH field teams and coordination with admin/finance to understand donor requirements and anticipate any difficulty in fulfilling them
- Prepare reporting formats and support field teams not familiar with them to understand them
- Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time
- Liaise with either HQ or donor to stay up to date on reporting requirements and in following up/tracking of submitted reports
- When feasible, ensure that reporting requirements are kept minimal for the Mission and that processes are streamlined and efficient.
Objective 3: Provide Strategic and Technical support to Grant Management and Partnership
- Lead and support the mission process of due diligence with partners. This includes briefing staff members on the process, supporting them in filling the documentation with AAH’s new partners and maintaining an up-to-date database of all the required documents
- In coordination with the Deputy Country Director and Country Director, liaise with HQ staff (throughout the Action Against Hunger International network, including the Donor Relations Unit and with Madrid HQ Operations) on potential funding opportunities, as and when requested, including donor’s mapping/intelligence.
- Review thoroughly all contract and memorandum of understanding signed by AAH with donors, partners, institutions and ensure use of standard formats. Ensure alignment with AAH and donors’ requirements
- Maintain up to date archives of key contractual documents (proposal, contract, partners’ MoU). This includes the maintenance of the related sections in GESPRA (Online Project Management Tool), at least on a weekly basis
- Provide briefing papers and support the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings
- Set up and constantly update database for donor guidelines and regulations, and create fact sheets for main donors
- Inform programme and support teams on any changes to existing donor guidelines and regulations; answer/investigate any compliance related questions during the projects
- Coordination with Admin/Finance Coordinator on donor compliance issue and contractual issues
- Support Programme Teams in ensuring donor visibility requirements are met and, in the planning, and organisation of donor field visits.
- Follow up on technical compliance regarding donor rules and regulations (means of verification, quality of documentation, and technical archiving) and support field team to comply with relevant programmatic archiving
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.)
- Good experience in proposal writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management. Ability to write donor reports and proposals Native English
- Training and capacity building experience
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger or organization with similar sectors (WASH, FSL) and donors (ECHO, Humanitarian Fund/OCHA, UNICEF, Spanish donors, private trusts and foundations) strongly preferred considering length of assignment.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Languages: English fluency, French and Spanish appreciated, Arabic is a plus
- Mobility national and international
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 12 months contract
- Base: Damascus or Beirut (with frequent trips to Syria if based in Beirut)
- Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and according to candidate’s previous experience
- This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).