We are searching for someone who loves the wine business as much as we do. The ideal person will know how to think and act strategically, but understands the importance of rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with the owner overseeing all aspects of the wholesale operations and most importantly being the Brand Ambassador for our winery.
The Director of Business Development & Sales identifies and implements opportunities to build the business. Responsible for monitoring business and project plans to ensure sales targets are met. Performs data analysis to track business performance and identify opportunities to grow revenue and profit. Manages and oversees wholesale team and operations.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
• Enhance and compliment the brand and family of wines.
• Ensure our reputation of honesty, integrity, and pursuit of excellence in all we do.
• Provide extensive customer service for wholesale and retail customers of all sizes:
including chains and “mom and pops”.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities to expand the company brands while managing key client relationships and working to build new ones.
• Evaluates existing partnerships and sales efforts with an eye toward building on what works and changing what doesn’t. Develop and strengthen internal and external relationships that will lead to increased lead generation and market share.
• Build and Train a cross-functional wholesale team nourish sustainable, long-term growth. Foster an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the company.
• Track emerging markets and trends. Research and identify new market opportunities.
• Help to shape the company’s long-term strategic objectives and prepares a plan for how to meet them.
• Provide advice on product development, distribution, and promotion strategies.
• Identify sponsorship opportunities, including nonprofit engagement.
• Conduct webinars and presentations to raise the brand or product profile.
• Create and deliver high-level sales presentations to prospective distributors, vendors, and chain stores.
• Negotiate contracts, agreements, and vendor on-site events.
• Performs in front of large groups for events and presentations. Dialogue knowledge of the history of the winery, wine production, the harvesting of grapes, and our wine products.
• Travel to vendor locations, distributions centers, events, and other locations.
Management of Wholesale Team
• Lead the Wholesale team in sales, marketing, customer-service, and client relationships.
• Train and Support Wholesale Team in building relationships with customers, suppliers, distributors, partners, and vendors to enhance and compliment the brand and family of wines.
• Ensure our Wholesale Team projecting our reputation of honesty, integrity, and pursuit of excellence in all we do. Develop and strengthen the full life cycle of the Wholesale Representative.
• Set goals, achievement of case goals, gross profit, and distribution goals for the Wholesale Representatives.
• Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of staying current, often ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges.
• Follow up and visit our distributors, vendors, and potential new customers in the marketplace.
• Approve and review all Wholesale handouts and presentations. Work closely with the Wholesale Team to ensure prompt service to our customers, distributors, and vendors.
• Conduct “ride-with” sales calls with wholesale representative; including events, tastings, cold calling, distributors, corporate chain offices, and individual stores.
• Quarterly planning for attendance of on-site/offsite events, tastings, exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
• Reviewing the dialogue knowledge of the history of the winery, wine production, the harvesting of grapes, and our wine products with the wholesale team.
• Staying ahead of competition and competitive products by continually learning and training the Wholesale Team on new products, new trends and improving selling skills.
• Document weekly One-on-One with each Wholesale Team member.
• Bi-Weekly “all hands” Wholesale Team meeting with agenda.
• Review and verify the accuracy of the Wholesale Representative’s weekly sales reports.
• Complete weekly and monthly sales reports; weekly and monthly activities report for the President.
• Preparing periodic sales reports showing sales volumes, comparisons, and potential sales in both
distributors and chains; including new business.
• Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Summary Reports
• Quarterly recap for each distributor:
Detailing Weak and Strong Points
What have we accomplished this year in market? How?
What are we missing and/or how can we improve commitment to our brand?
• Analyzing sales statistics to formulate procedures and assisting in sales promotions.
• Reviewing market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules
and discount rates and developing sales campaigns.
• Assisting in an annual target budget plan process and regularly monitoring expenditure