• Assists the Manager and Controller in the monthly financial closing by preparing monthly journal entries, reconciling assigned accounts, assisting in the review of general ledger activities, analysis of variances, and production of financial statements
• Reconciles GoodWork Staffing and WorkForce Services reported revenues to General Ledger to ensure accurate monthly reporting
• Performs activities of the fixed assets accounting function; ensures required reports and reconciliation are submitted accurately and timely; and ensures fixed assets are recorded correctly on financial statements and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Assists the Manager and Controller in the annual budget process including preparation and distribution of department models with the current year to date information; and assists with providing managers with budget preparation training
• Assists the manager and Controller to install and maintain a budgeting system which includes a compilation of departmental budgets; editing and consolidating at required Agency levels; spreading by month; and, distributing finalized copies to managers. Imports final product into Agency accounting system
• Works with Fund Development and WFS for tracking and reporting on all Grants
• Maintains records for Mecklenburg County Vocational Rehabilitation and DSS Billings and any other programs or grants
• Performs variance analysis and evaluates contracts through comparison of actual performance with budgeted/planned objectives
• Interprets financial information for practical use by management, to identify and flag potential issues for resolution; and collaborates with appropriate management to respond to questions and resolve issues
• Generates adhoc financial reports, and provides information/analysis reports to management throughout the organization
• Assists with providing management training on accounting policies and procedures
• Prepares accurate and timely Monthly and Annual Statistical Report to Goodwill Industries International, Inc. (GII)
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Accounting or related field and two years of finance, budgeting, accounting or related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly (more than 2/3 of the day) required to hear, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The team member frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the day) is required to talk or stand. The team member is occasionally (less than 1/3 of the day) required to bend, walk and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.