The Algoma Ontario Health Team is a team of local health professionals, organizations, and community members working to create a network where citizens will have access to the right care, right team, and right care setting when they need it. We want individuals to experience seamless transitions throughout their care journey in a system that is understandable, digitally-enabled, and collaborative.
Algoma’s older adults living with frailty, especially those who have potential to improve with intervention, are one of the first groups we hope to positively impact through our projects. To do this, we’re bringing together local and regional health professionals to co-design improved care pathways for older adults living with frailty. Through the Healthy Aging program, we aim to contribute to the healthy aging of our older adults and enable them to continue to thrive – to learn, grow, make decisions, be mobile, maintain relationships, and contribute to society.
The Project Management Coordinator will contribute to the Healthy Aging mandate through engaging stakeholders, coordinating project resources, and ensuring timelines are met. The coordinator is someone who has outstanding written and oral communication skills and has the ability to engage and manage multi-disciplinary stakeholders. The successful candidate will ideally be focused on professional growth and continuing education, and have a desire to effect positive change in healthcare facilities.
● Accountable for all aspects of delivering assigned projects using project management best practices.
● Develop, plan, and lead communication with project stakeholders; foster positive stakeholder relationships and allocate timely resources.
● Identify, mitigate, avoid and / or remove roadblocks or project risks by proactively identifying, and monitoring project risks/issues to develop mitigation/resolution plans that support successful project completion, escalating where necessary.
● Support the Healthy Aging team to ensure all deliverables are met within the required timeline.
● Define activities to support project deliverables and establish milestones which will be continually evaluated and prioritized.
● Effectively estimate and utilize project resources as required throughout the lifetime of the project.
• University or college Degree in a related discipline
• PMP certification
• 5 years project management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
• Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
• Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
• Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
• Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
• Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
• Leadership and coaching skills to organize project functions/activities, evaluate productivity, plan/coordinate projects, and provide training/guidance to Business Project owners and employees.
• The required skills, experience and knowledge include:
• Demonstrated experience leading the development of project management principles and processes
• Business consulting skills
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and vendors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, departmental employees and vendors
• Excellent knowledge of various software programs including: Microsoft Word, MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.