JMO Communications (JMO) is an 8(a) certified woman-owned small business that provides communications services to the global development community. With an established and rapidly growing portfolio – including major US government contractors, international non-profits, and United Nations agencies – in both the development and emergency response sectors, JMO is growing and is looking for a motivated and driven professional to join our HQ team.
You will be an integral part of the leadership team and will help manage and deliver existing contracts through client management, direct product development, and working closely with a global network of consultants. You will also support strategic planning and tactical decision-making to shape the future of JMO, whilst supporting the sourcing of new contracts through proposal development and negotiation.
You will be a strong writer and very organized. You will also have proven experience multi-tasking, managing time effectively, and demonstrating strong communications skills. You will report to the CEO and will be a key catalyst in this exciting company as it continues to grow. This position will provide you with a unique chance to join a close-knit, highly motivated team operating with the energy of a small start-up, whilst enjoying the security of a company with an established brand and client base. Together, we will deliver impactful work that supports organizations to make a positive difference around the world.
You will spend your time:
- Developing original content development for technical briefs, reports, brochures, and other marketing materials and written content.
- Supporting the proposal development process through drafting proposals and capture planning for upcoming proposals.
- Supporting online communications for JMO and its clients through social media and website management, including blog posts.
- Supporting the identification and management of partners for business development opportunities.
- Identifying and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Copy editing and formatting reports, proposals, and other written content.
- Supporting the management and quality assurance of select client projects and associated consultants.
- Other activities as requested by the CEO.
What will excite us?
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international development, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in communications, international development, or a related field preferred.
- At least 3-7 years in business development, resource mobilization, professional writing, or international development (international health sector preferred).
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to proposal development.
- Exceptional interpersonal and client management skills.
- Proven writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Comfortable working with emergency organizations, and developing products against tight deadlines.
- International development experience strongly preferred.
- Competency in a second UN language is an advantage.
Only qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship will be considered.